STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. The Bible is the inspired, infallible, completed Word of God without error in its original manuscripts.
2. There is only one, living and true God, composed of three Persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; each eternally coexistent and fully God.
3. God is sovereign over all creation, and He directs all things in accordance with His eternal, immutable purpose.
4. The first man was created perfect, but willfully disobeyed God, severing his communion with God, thus leaving his descendants – all mankind – at enmity with God and spiritually dead in their sin.
5. For no reason, other than to glorify His own Self, God in His eternal purpose chose to reconcile a multitude of people to Himself through the Person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. For this multitude Jesus Christ took on the form of a man and became their perfect Substitute on the cross, satisfying divine justice on their behalf. His sacrifice purchased all things necessary to ensure their eternal salvation.
6. Although God commands men everywhere to repent, such is the power of sin that men will not of themselves obey this command. Therefore God, determining to save those for whom Christ died, draws them by the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit; who renews their minds, hearts and wills so that they freely trust in Christ.
7. Saving faith is of necessity accompanied by repentance, which involves the recognition of, sorrow over, and the turning away from all known sin, with a new desire to live in obedience to Jesus Christ.
8. Jesus Christ alone is the Head of the one true Christian Church, which is made up of only those people who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit. All these are presently indwelt by the Holy Spirit, and by their words and deeds show their allegiance to Christ.
9. There are two ordinances which have been instituted by the Lord Jesus; believers baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Neither of these has, in itself, the power to save men from their sins, but are outward symbols of inward, spiritual realities.
10. God, in His eternal purpose, has also appointed a day of judgment; a day in which He will judge all mankind in righteousness by Jesus Christ. Every human who has ever lived will appear before Christ to give an account of their life and to receive either everlasting life in the presence of God, or everlasting torment in hell.